Deposit and Booking Fee
A one-off booking fee of 190€ per person will be charged on arrival. When you make your payment, you also have the added guaranteeand benefits provided through the Paypal system. Once the deposit has been paid, your reservation is guaranteed for the dates and the room you have chosen. If you cancel your reservation, the full amount will be refunded if the cancellation is made a calendar month before the commencement of the booking. Your full deposit will be refunded when you leave the apartment, provided that there is no damage.
Following the selection of the property you will receive a confirmation email from Milano Housing or that the property is not available for the requested period.
Upon receipt of the confirmation email you will be asked to pay a deposit equal to a month’s rent for the selected property, to be made within the deadline indicated in the mail, and with that payment the rental relationship relative to the selected property is considered agreed between the parties and will be formalized when you sign the housing contract upon your arrival in Milan. Please note that this deposit, equal to a month’s rent, is paid by you as a security deposit to guarantee all obligations resulting from the lease concluded between the parties and that said deposit will be returned at the end of the period of lease when the property with furniture and furnishings is handed back and Milano Housing has ascertained the absence of any default, including damages. Please note that your deposit can only be refunded if on your arrival in Milan, your property does not correspond to the description on the website of Milano Housing.
DEPOSIT: is equal to one month’s rent that will be refunded to you when you leave the apartment
BOOKING FEE: is a 190 euro one-off handling fee you pay to the agency
RENT: is the actual rent of the apartment including all bills
CONTRACT REGISTRATION: 90 euro is the fee for the registration of a legal housing contract in Italy
Before moving into a Milano Housing apartment you must agree to abide by the following rules and regulations:
Check-In & Check-out
You must fully vacate the apartment by the agreed leaving date.
On the day of your departure, you must leave the apartment in a clean and tidy condition and remove ALL of your personal belongings. You can leave the keys either directly in the apartment in a visible place or drop them off at our office.
Below is a list of basic cleaning rules and regulations that must be followed:
- The apartment must be kept free of clutter; especially in all of its communal areas and those of the apartment building. Treat all communal areas in the building with the utmost respect.
- In the bathroom, keep all of your personal toiletries, soap, shampoo, conditioner, etc. in your own assigned space and not in the shower or on the bathtub/basin. After washing or brushing/combing hair, please make sure that any hair clogging plugholes/drains is removed and disposed of properly.
- Wash and dry all plates and eating utensils after using the kitchen. Clean and wipe off surfaces of counters and tables and make sure pots and pans are cleaned and put away properly.
- Always check with other flatmates before inviting people over for dinner.
- Respect the private space of all flatmates /roommates. Do NOT allow friends or guests to touch their things, sit on their beds, etc.
- Taking out garbage/refuse once a week is compulsory. Make sure you know where recyclable rubbish/waste should be put and where non-recyclable and general rubbish is disposed of. Under NO circumstances should any kind of garbage/refuse/rubbish be put out or left on the balcony.
- If you prefer to pay someone else to clean your apartment on a weekly basis, Milano Housing can offer you this service.
- To help keep the apartment clean and tidy, it’s a good idea to talk to flatmates /roommates to establish a roster of chores and weekly cleaning schedules to be followed.
Please treat all furniture, appliances, and other items in the apartment with due care and attention.
As already mentioned the apartment must be left clean and free of all belongings when you check-out. Milano Housing staff will inspect and check the apartment after you leave, and in the case of any damage you may be charged.
you are free to have overnight guests but before inviting friends to your apartment, it is advisable to check first with your flatmates /roommates before doing so.
Loud or annoying noise that might disturb your roommates and/or neighbours is not allowed between the following hours:
From: 11:00 pm 8:00 am
from: 2:00 pm 4:00 pm
Safety- Energy Saving
Irrespective of whether you are in the apartment or not, the front door MUST always be kept locked at all times. We are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Turn off all lights and air conditioning when you leave a room. Under no circumstances should lights, heaters or cookers be left on when you leave the apartment at any time of day or night and particularly at weekends.
Many Italian appliances use gas, not electricity, which means that you might use gas for heating and cooking (cookers are usually gas). To prevent accidental gas leaks, always make sure that a gas cooker is turned off when it’s not being used. When you use a gas cooker, always check that all the hobs light and burn evenly and after cooking, make sure that everything is properly turned off. As an added precaution, you can also turn the gas off at the mains.
In Italy, recycling of certain items of waste is compulsory by law. So, when you move in, familiarize yourself with where the various recycling bins are and what you need to do to be in line with rules and regulations.
Repairs by Milano Housing
If you need maintenance work in your apartment/bedroom, you must notify us in writing at (email@example.com) stating what items require servicing or repair.
Locks and keys
Look after your keys, as in the case of lost or stolen keys, you will be charged for the cost of new replacement locks.